- Poems must be the original work of the entrant, in English, and must not be previously published.
- Submit no more than THREE (3) poems in any form.
- Manuscripts must not be stapled or attached in any way.
- Poems must be printed on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper. Clean and clear photocopies are acceptable.
- Do not put your name on the individual poems.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, telephone number, and the title of each poem.
- Mail submissions to WCPA Poetry Contest, PO Box 804, Worcester, MA 01613
- Email submissions will not be accepted. The only way to submit electronically is by visiting our Submittable page. There is an additional fee to submit electronically even if you are a member of the WCPA.
Submissions are open for the
The WCPA Annual Poetry Contest:
The Frank O'Hara Prize!
2018 Contest Chair: Bob Gill
Please read Contest Guidelines and Who Is Eligible? below before submitting.
Submissions must be received or postmarked by April 1, 2018.
Worcester County Poetry Association
The WCPA Annual Poetry Contest: The Frank O'Hara Prize
Worcester County Poetry Association / PO Box 804, Worcester, MA 01613 / 508-797-4770 / email@example.com
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Residents of Worcester County, or
- WCPA Members in good standing, or
- Students or employees of institutions within Worcester County
- First Place winners of previous WCPA annual poetry contests are not eligible.
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE FOR WCPA MEMBERS.
- Make check or money order payable to: Worcester County Poetry Association.
- Contest fees are waived if you join the WCPA or renew your membership with your entry:
- $30 Individual Membership - $12 Student/Senior/Low Income Membership
- Visit the membership page for more information and membership categories. We now have an online membership store so becoming a member only takes a few clicks.
JUDGING & AWARDS:
- First Place: $100 – Second Place: $50 – Third Place: $25
- Winning poems will be published in The Worcester Review, after which all rights revert to the poet.
- Contest winners will be announced in June 2018.
- Winners' Reading & Award Reception to be held September 2018.
- Submissions will not be returned. Entrants who wish to be notified of contest results must enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with their entry.
- The WCPA Poetry Contest does not pre-select poems: all entries are seen by the contest judge.
Thanks to Gary Hoare for the flyer design.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Wondering when your WCPA Membership expires?