Worcester County Poetry Association
The WCPA Annual Poetry Contest: The Frank O'Hara Prize
Worcester County Poetry Association / PO Box 804, Worcester, MA 01613 / 508-797-4770 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions are closed for
The WCPA Annual Poetry Contest:
The Frank O'Hara Prize!
2014 Contest Chair: Robert Steele
Mailed submissions needed to be
postmarked by April 1, 2014.
Be sure to read the online guidelines.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Residents of Worcester County, or
- WCPA Members in good standing, or
- Students or employees of institutions within Worcester County
- First Place winners of previous WCPA annual poetry contests are not eligible.
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE FOR WCPA MEMBERS.
- Make check or money order payable to: Worcester County Poetry Association.
- Contest fees are waived if you join the WCPA or renew your membership with your entry:
- $30 Individual Membership - $12 Student/Senior/Low Income Membership
- Visit the membership page for more information and additional membership categories.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant, in English, and must not be previously published.
- Submit no more than THREE (3) poems in any form.
- Manuscripts must not be stapled or attached in any way.
- Poems must be printed on 8 1/2" x 11" white bond paper. Clean and clear photocopies are acceptable.
- Do not put your name on the individual poems.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, telephone number, and the title of each poem.
- Mail submissions to Worcester Country Poetry Association, Attn: Poetry Contest, 1 Ekman Street, Worcester, MA 01607
- Email submissions will not be accepted. The only way to submit electronically is by visiting https://www.tellitslant.com/. There is an additional fee to submit electronically even if you are a member of the WCPA.
JUDGING & AWARDS:
- First Place: $100 – Second Place: $50 – Third Place: $25
- Winning poems will be published in The Worcester Review, after which all rights revert to the poet.
- Contest winners will be announced in June 2014.
- Winners' Reading & Award Reception to be held September 2014.
- Submissions will not be returned. Entrants who wish to be notified of contest results must enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with their entry.
- The WCPA Poetry Contest does not pre-select poems: all entries are seen by the contest judge.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Wondering when your WCPA Membership expires?